Saturday, December 23, 2006

Wishing You the Best of the Holiday Season!


Merry Christmas everyone!
Happy Hanukkah!
Happy Kwanzaa!

Over the next few days I will be tearing wrapping paper off gifts, eating turkey and dressing (I've always liked the dressing best), visiting with my in-laws (which includes the Exalted Aunt... have I mentioned I worship the ground she baby sits on?), drinking eggnog, staying on the lookout for mistletoe, and generally celebrating the festive season. In the meantime, if you have wandered by looking for a few minutes of distraction, here are a few items you might peruse:
  • Yesterday's article about questions you should ask before getting married has already generated a fair amount of discussion, which has turned in directions I did not anticipate. This article has raised issues about living together before marriage (and whether this makes you more or less prone to divorce later) and whether your son should wear pink. Have a look.
  • The current Question of the Week is about, appropriately enough, the impacts of the holiday season on your relationships. I'll be summarizing the comments when I return so be sure to leave a few thoughts of your own.
  • A recent article about settling versus working on your marriage has generated a great deal of interest. The comments offer a number of viewpoints and are well worth checking out.
  • Or if you're just in the mood for some holiday reading, here are a couple of articles from the vaults: When Sleeping Really Means Sleeping raises some interesting issues about balancing what goes on in your relationship with the perception of others, and The Not So Handyman opens up a can of worms about supportiveness within a marriage.
That should hold you for a few days until the turkey wears off and I can sit sufficiently upright to post again. Until then, be nice to one another, remember hugs and smiles make great gifts, and be sure to write in and tell me what's going on with your relationships.

Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas... and a Happy New Year. May all your days be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nerrrrrrry Christmas Andrew! Sounds like you and your family will be having a super time -- and GOD BLESS the AUNT!!! Enjoy the babysitting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew,
    I wanted to wish you and yours a wonderful, healthy, happy, and reasonably sane Christmas.

    On behalf of all the bloggers out there I'd like to thank you for all the advice you offer. We all know the cost of therapy, or at least I do, so it feels good to know that there are still nice people out there doing nice things for others out of the goodness of their heart.

    May the force be with you,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went down this page earlier tonight and read and read and read, and managed to catch up on all your posts and comments. Phew, lots to deal with there. I read your posts and then walk away from the PC to think about what's been said. Then I come back and think "I really don't have anything to add damnit!" lol

    Sometimes I need to print out your page and some of the various posts you've written...and then I could thrust them under my friends noses and say "Please read this!" lol

    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Andrew. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia: Thanks ... and the same to you and yours.

    Melli: (Who really is Melli to everyone in the Universe and beyond) You've got that right - God Bless the Exalted Aunt! Have fun yourself.

    JB: Thanks, you've made my day. And you're most welcome.

    Lisa: It is comments like yours that make it all worthwhile. Thanks! Just curious... how do your friends react to having pages thrust at them? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas.

    Impact? None. We just love eachother bunches all through the year. Holidays can't add nor take away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret: That's what I like to hear! Merry Christmas to you too! (Gotta go ... I think I hear sleigh bells...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. same to you doc! hope you holiday was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrew. Hope you had a lovely Christmas celebration with your loved ones. Wishing you a promising New Year.

    Rach

    ReplyDelete