Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Holiday Season!


Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since my last post. Since that time I moved my family from Canada to Texas and my lifestyle changed from that of a university professor to a 9-to-5er. It's quite a cultural difference, in more ways than one.

I miss swapping comments back and forth with my online friends, so I found myself doing a bit of blog surfing today. I thought it was a good excuse to leave a quick "Howdy" post here, just in case anyone drops by -- actually sitemeter tells me that people still do. Dozens every day, mostly from Google searches.

Sadly the most common search that ends up at my site has to do with affairs. Try Googling "affair stories" and see what site comes up as number 1 in the results. Yep, little old me. Other most common searches have to do with toxic parents, jealousy over past partners, age gap relationships, sleeping in separate beds, commitment phobia, and guys doing housework. Long-time readers of this site will recognize these topics from past posts.

Here's one that blew me away. Try entering this as a Google search:

Wishing you the best holiday season

Incredibly, To Love, Honor, and Dismay comes up on the first page! Go figure.

In any case, I'm glad to see so many people keeping up with their blogs, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Andrew

18 comments:

  1. well well well - so glad to see your update and wow - you have had some big changes. hope life is finding you well and you enjoy the 9-5...or is it 8-6? smile i'll keep checking back to see if you plan on coming back to blogging, even part-time. maybe you might change your format, if you felt the other was too demanding of your time. you pick the topic to write about once a week instead of daily solving others problems...eh? well, it's a suggestion...

    check back at you later..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you're back, if even just for a warm holiday greeting. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got my site feeder email sent to me that you'd posted! How good to see you!

    I hope to see more of you!
    Welcome back to the world of blogging!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Saturday morning to you, Andrew !!!

    So good to hear from you again !

    You were an exrordinary help to me earlier this year, and I appreciated it so very very much :)

    (things are much better, b.t.w.)

    Wishing you and your family the very best, healthy and happy holiday season !

    Genuinely,
    Loving Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have you back!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear from you, Andrew. This blogosphere has so many talented writers and the reading is so much fun that I save buckets of money on paperbacks. Isn't it nice to be warm now, while your Canadian brothers are beginnig to freeze their butts off? Please do write an occasional post ---- we have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic to see you back, Andrew! I'll link to you once again...

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone,

    Thanks for making me feel so welcomed. Have you ever been away from home for a period of time and then gone home for a visit? That's kind of what this feels like.

    AZ & Kacey: I'll give some thought to writing an occasional post. I've already got a couple of requests for Dismaying Stories waiting in the wings. Obviously the game of life never ends.

    Shari, Dreaming, Annie, Wendy & Lori: Thanks for the holiday wishes. This was my first ever Thanksgiving in the U.S. One of our neighbors was nice enough to invite us for dinner, which was nice. Other than that I have had a much needed rest. I think I've watched more television in the last three days that I have in the last six months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, do! Get busy and stay busy! :)

    We be needin' ya, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:12 AM

    its really good to hearing from u again , happy christmas and wish u a year full of love peace and luck in your path . neda
    www.nedarain.persianblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to you stop by and leave us a heads up on whats happening.
    Sounds like you have settled in right nicely.

    Hope you enjoy the Holidays in the new setting

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoyed your blog, glad to hear that you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrew,
    So good to see and hear you again . . . hope you are adapting well. Sounds as if you are. Do stop by again. And do consider, at some time, a return to blogging. Peace.
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for your advice :-) I really appreciate your input.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back Andrew. Congratulations on the move and the change of pace. May the new year bring you peace, joy and growth. You've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy, Healthy New Year 2008 to you and your family, Andrew !

    Wishing you the best :)

    Loving Annie
    LovingAnnie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Andrew! Thank you sO much for stopping by my blog! When I saw you there I HOPED that meant you were back... *sigh*... Oh well... you must be very busy! I hope you are very HAPPY as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should COME BACK! :)

    ReplyDelete