Saturday, September 06, 2008

A New Avatar

This image has been the "face" of TLHAD since this site began.


Well, I decided the site's image needed a make-over. I wanted the image to match the slightly irreverant tone of the side bar and the happy mood with which I try to approach the subject matter of my posts. I mean, the stories may be Dismaying but that doesn't mean we have to act all dismayed about life.

So I asked my friend Tom Matthews for help. Tom is a talented novelist, communications coach, and illustrator. Fans of the Stone Brewing Company may know his work best from the gargoyle images that have come to represent that regional brewery:


And here is the image of little old me that Tom came up with - the image that now represents To Love, Honor, and Dismay:

10 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! So glad to see you back in the "blog" world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bright blue shirt and the big brown eyes on the 'new' Andrew, Andrew !

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good!! (I'm glad you're back online :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm - nice! More casual and a big smile! Good, but subtle likeness too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way kewl! Well, actually... it is sort of fun and kicky looking. Good luck with the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey that works.
    It could be worse, you could have used something from George Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  8. rebecca took the words out of my mouth:- yeah, i LOVE IT! too

    ReplyDelete