Sunday, June 27, 2010

Is Anyone Still Out There?

Don't look so surprised. Okay, so it's been a long time since I posted anything here, but I've just been a little preoccupied with life. It's not like I fell off the Earth or anything. Let's see, since my last post I've moved from one country to another, watched two children graduate, and eaten way too many bowls of ice cream. Okay, so maybe "too many" is all in your point of view. Possibly "just enough" from my point of view, but "several hundred too many" from my wife's. But I digress...

I thought I'd pop up a quick post and see if anyone is still paying attention. Would I blame you if you weren't? Nah. Of course not. But heck, nothing ventured, nothing ... ventured.

Hey, here's one piece of news worth noting. My good friend Thomas K. Matthews just had a novel published with Authorhouse. It's called Ancient Anger. The story explores the prophecies of the end of the world when the Mayan calendar expires (which is coming right up, in 2012). The story is told from the point of view of a pair of anthropologists who solve the riddle of ancient writings, and a present-day Mayan priest who has a disturbing habit of dredging up rituals that might have been more popular in ancient Mexico. At the top of a stone temple. With lots of people looking on and chanting and sacrificing and... well, you get the idea. It's an exciting read, with plenty of twists and turns. Check it out on Amazon if you're into that sort of story.

I'd also like to know how many of my blogging friends are still online. Are your blogs still active? Have all of you moved to Facebook now? Or maybe I should say ... Have y'all moved to Facebook now. After all, I did spend a couple of years in Texas!

I hope everyone is doing well. Leave me a comment if you happen to drop in.

I'll try to post again soon,
Andrew

13 comments:

  1. Hey there, nice to hear from you. It's been a long time. Yes I'm still workin' it as they say but I like wordpress better. I've got four books now, yes I've been busy. I'm starting on Volume two of the one you found on line. I'm also doing stand up comedy now, the best way I could find to promote my latest book. My daughter just graduated from esthetician school...never thought I'd see the day but am eternally grateful that she stayed in tact throughout her difficult decade. My son just turned 16 and is playing golf in the Junior PGA now. Wants golf to be his career. We homeschool to make that happen.

    Anyway, nice to see you're doing well. Pop by again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I live a pretty trouble free life at the moment, but if I get into difficulty perhaps I'll seek your advice. If you're still here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you back here, Andrew.

    You sound to have had an eventful time. We've stayed put, apart from the odd trip around New Mexico. My husband has gained two great grandchildren (one girl, one boy) and lost one very good friend. Swings and roundabouts time.

    That book you mention sounds very much like my cup o' tea. I'll investigate further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Sunday afternoon to you, dear Andrew!

    What a treat to see you back and blogging!

    Glad you are okay - wasn't sure what had happenned to you.

    Life has gone from pain to pleasure here, mostly from getting out of my own way and gradually learning what self-esteem looks, fells and acts like first hand.
    No more blindness and lots more conscious choices being made:)

    Thank you for your help, from the very beginning when I was so lost. And you were so simultaneously kind and insightful. Your words of advice were and are much appreciated and valued.

    The book you mention sounds interesting, especially as Dec. 2012 comes around.

    Genuinely,
    Loving Annie
    (new blog : http://www.1intuitive1.blogspot.com) where my pseudonym is Aurora :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to see you pop up on my blog reader. Still not blogging, yes to facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew, It's so good to see you here in the blogosphere. Curious minds have wanted to know if you were doing well in your life and staying happy. Way back when....(I found you from Teri Franta's
    "Here's to Happy Women",) there was a great group of people who always read each other's blogs. Times do change and people stop writing...sometimes the very people who should stay at the keyboard are the ones who leave. I'm not a terrific writer, but have kept at it occasionally, so my grandkids would one day have an idea of what made Grandma tick. The funny part is....I can't write the things that I really want, because my relatives know where I put my heart and soul....and, I don't want them to get mad at me. I'll be back to read the writings of one of my favorite bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    Glad to hear you're helping out the ice cream industry in these times! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness. I'm blown away. After I've been away so long, and all y'all ;) are so gracious! Thank you, thank you for the kind words. It's great to hear from each of you as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for stopping by to comment...
    I am always curious as to how someone stumbles upon my blog.

    Nice to see you return to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see you are still around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrew, I am glad you are back!. I am still here!! (ha,ha).

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a reunion of sorts, going back to our crew of 2006. I just read the exceptional and powerful Bone Fire by Mark Spragg.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im here!! i just saw that you were blogging again! Welcome back! I changed to a Vox blog where it totally shuts out others from commenting. Blogger is way better now. My Blog has changed from my children and all about them to my hobbies and things that are about me (not that i don't adore them..but please ;) )

    ReplyDelete